Monday, November 1, 2010

Self Discipline Challenge

I have had such a blah summer and fall weight loss wise. I have done a great job learning how to maintain my weight, but as for losing the last 30 I have to lose, I suck! I just can't seem to get into it. I've tried this and this. I've done this and accomplished this, but through it all, the 30 pounds are sticking around.

Then on Friday I ordered this:

I didn't think much of the bracelet at the time. I thought seeing the words may occasionally remind me to try harder, do better, etc., but I had no solid plans for it. Then, Friday evening Brian and I had a date night, and I had an "aha moment"! I can't really remember what caused the moment, but by the end of our discussion, we had formed the Self Discipline Challenge.

Here's how it works:

It is just the two of us competing against each other, a little friendly competition. For the next 13 weeks (because first we chose 12, then realized it would work better with an odd number of weeks), Brian and I are going head to head to lose weight. Each Friday morning we will weigh in. The person who loses the highest percentage of weight for the week will get the bracelet. The person who wins the bracelet the most over the 13 weeks gets $200, gas money, and the weekend away! LOVE IT!

I am so pumped for this. Brian and I are both pretty competitive people, and if you tell me I can't do something, it is only fuel to prove you wrong, so this challenge is just what I need. And I realized today that I am thrilled that he is back in the game with me! Brian works out, and eats well, but he's not out to lose much weight. I thought back today to the weeks when we first started at the Y, and we would get on the scales for each other to see the progress. I am so glad he will step on that white box with me again. I have to be honest that I would love to win a weekend off, but this final push of weight loss would mean so much more to me. So good luck honey, now I'm going to kick your ass!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT idea! I firmly believe that a partner makes weight loss, working out and staying motivated feel SO much more natural. Not to mention the competition aspect of it! I'm rooting for you, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan Mandy! Good luck to you both!! :)

    ReplyDelete