Monday, February 21, 2011

PB2

It was brought to my attention that I have not posted in a couple of weeks. Sorry! I have had a couple of things on my mind, and wanted to share them... it's all about food!

1. My good friend Sherrie and I were talking about Peanut Butter in the locker room the other day, and how much I LOVE IT. She mentioned adding powdered peanut butter to my Shakeology drinks. I had never heard of it! A couple of days later, she brought me a jar to try. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! It is sososososooooo good, and the nutrition labels sell me for sure.

Here is a comparison of the 2 Peanut Butters (2 tbsp serving size)

PB2 (Powdered Peanut Butter) ............Natural JIF
Calories 45 ................................................190
Fat 1.5g....................................................16g
Sat Fat 0g...................................................3g
Sodium 94mg.............................................65mg
Carbs 5g......................................................8g
Fiber 2g.......................................................2g
Sugar 1g.......................................................3g
Protein 5g....................................................7g

A couple of things to mention:
1. PB2 tastes wonderful. (I should be getting paid for this ad!) I eat it just like regular peanut butter. You rehydrate it with water, and spread it like any other.
2. Because it is so low cal, low fat, etc, I actually use a double batch of the PB2, so although the protein content is a little lower, it's actually higher for me because I eat 4 tbsp. This still works out to be lower cal, fat, etc in the end. Imaging getting twice as much P on your PBJ : )

If you want to read more about it check it out here.

Finally, the only way you can get PB2 (in my area anyways) is to order it online. It comes in cases of 4 or 12. I will be honest in saying, I think I could eat 4 jars in less than 3 months, but if someone wants to go in and try a jar, or to split some, let me know by tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment