Thursday, February 25, 2010

Let's River Run!

So as one of our first fun fitness events together, let's run the 2-mile fun run together. Don't worry if you've never run, we'll get you ready to go!

The Wichita River Festival has a river run each year. This year it will be on May 8th, 2010.

Here is a photo of my crossing the finish line last year (it was my first time to run a race without walking!) Well, actually, it was taken after the finish because my husband couldn't find me to take one of me running... this year I'm wearing neon green and taking a blow horn. Sorry girls!



I am not a trainer, but I have gone from no running to running a 8K race. I think your best start is to check out the couch to 5K program here...

Are you interested? Let me know! I will discuss it more as it gets closer.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...kids pushing buttons on the computer while I'm trying to type leads to deleted comments! :) What I was trying to say... The 2k run sounds like fun... but since I will be 7 months preggo about then, running might not be in my best interest. I would definitely be interesting in walking...is that allowed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about doing the same this year. Now I have a reason to do it! I have never been a runner and I would love to start doing it! I cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I will be doing the 10k if anyone wants to join me as well!

    ReplyDelete