Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Breakfast Bagel

I have a new morning LOVE! This breakfast bagel makes me so happy, I will forever eat it instead of going through a drive through for something like it, and I can probably make it as fast as any restaurant can. I don't usually do step by step directions, but I wanted you to see how I cook the eggs for this. It is fast, and works well.

What you will need:
1 Thomas Whole Wheat Bagel Thin
1 Slice of Sargento Reduced Sodium Colby Jack Cheese
Spray Butter
1/2 cup egg beaters
3 thin slices of Canadian Bacon

I put 1/2 cup egg beaters into a baking ramekin that has some Pam spray in it, then I microwave them for 2 minutes. THIS IS IMPORTANT: Egg Beaters blow up like a balloon in the microwave- they look CraZY!, so at 2 minutes, open the microwave, and let them deflate. Push them back into the ramekin while they are lowering, and then microwave about 1 minute longer. Again, you will have to deflate, and push them back in.


While the eggs are cooking, I put some spray butter on a Bagel Thin, and grill it in a pan. In the same pan I brown the slices of Canadian Bacon. While the Bagel is warm, I put my slice of cheese on the bagel, layer on the bacon and egg...


Enjoy! It is soooo good, you really must try it once.


Nutritional Information:
Calories: 300
Fat: 8.5g
Carbs: 27g
Protein: 31g

No comments:

Post a Comment