Losing weight is not easy...if you complicate it. I have complicated it for myself. I am still under my current dreaded weight, but I just seem to keep sabotaging myself. I am sorry to those readers who used to find this to be a cheery blog about a girl who was losing a ton of weight, but here's the truth.
1. I haven't lost any new weight since my dad got sick.
2. My desire to spend my events at the YMCA has been low. I've been getting in about 4 days per week...I need more like 6!
3. I need a fitness buddy bad. I have always had someone around me to push me, someone who I felt like cared whether or not I had over-eaten or under-exercised for the day..
4. I saw a picture of myself today and did not like what I saw.
Here is how I see the glass half-full:
1. Although I have not lost any new weight, I am still 70 pounds less than ever, and I weigh 10 pounds less than last year at this time.
2. I still know how to do this.
3. I have lots of amazing weight loss tools to use.
4. I have an amazing and forgiving body that remembers how things should be.
5. I still have a strong desire to change, and to never be who I was again.
So, back to the basics of weight loss:
1. I will log my food daily at www.calorie count.about.com They have an amazing and free website!
2. We will eat at home at least 5 nights per week. I will go back to the old-standby of bagged meals and veggies.
3. I will get to the gym 5 times a week whether I like it or not... I will also try and find one new class I like...maybe Zumba again!
4. I will find a new fitness buddy... Buddies for hire!
5. I will work to minimize my weekend splurges... More fancy salads, less comfort food and dessert.
How are your new years goals going?