Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Recipe: Southwest Mini Omelettes


I love eating these for breakfast sometimes. The fun thing is you can add or subtract ingredients as you like! This is how I like them, but get creative, they're like mini omelets and you can have them your way. Plus, the protein in them will keep you full all morning. I usually eat 2 with some type of carb to round my meal. I let them cool for a little while, and when they've cooled off, I put a couple into a Ziploc bag, and throw them in the freezer, then they're ready when you need them. Just pop them in the microwave for about a minute and a half, and enjoy.

Ingredients:
2 cup Egg Beaters
1/4 cup drained green chiles
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 cup shredded cheese (I use Kraft 2% Mild Cheddar)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mist 8 muffin tin slots with olive oil spray.

2. Pour 1/4 cup egg beaters into each slot. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes until the eggs are almost set up.

3. In a small bowl mix the onion, chiles, and cheese together. Sprinkle the mixture on each of the omelets, and bake for another 8-10 minutes until the eggs are fully set, and the cheese is melted. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.

Nutritional info: Serving size 1 mini omelet (I usually eat 2) 56 Calories, 1.5g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 5mg Cholesterol, 176 mg Sodium, 2 g Carbs, 8g Protein

*** I also usually put a little salsa on top of each one for taste. ***

3 comments:

  1. YUM! I'm definitely going to make those!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly, I am going to try these this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these this morning and they were good, Ethan especially loved them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete