Thursday, March 11, 2010

How ya doin'?

So I want to thank all of you girls that made a commitment to change this week. I will say this hasn't been the easiest week not drinking pop, but I'm actually getting used to it! With only 26 hours left to go (yes, I'm still counting :) ), I am going to extend my time through my race on Saturday. That way I will know I am well hydrated and ready to go. After that, I know there will be a huge reduction in the amount of pop I drink in the future.

So here's how not drinking pop has impacted me this week...
1. With still 1 day to go before "official" weigh in, I have lost 4.2 lbs this week. That is 2 pounds more than usual!
2. I am better hydrated. I am no longer getting leg cramps at night. My body has probably not been properly hydrated for years! Really.
3. A side effect is that my children are not drinking pop. Since the only pop they drink is when they steal sips out of my can, and my can isn't there... there's nothing to sip. That makes me very happy.

How did your week go? Here are the commitments I know of, I would love to hear from you!

Erin: committed to not eating out all week. That's tough!
Tina: committed to getting out of bed each morning at 5 a.m. to workout... wish I had her stamina.
Sherry: committed to not snacking after dinner. Good job Sherry, that will take the pounds off.
Lindsay: committed to not eating sugar for a whole month. WOW!
Molly: facebooked me to tell me she started Turbokick again, and would like to shoot for 3 days a week. I am proud of you Molly.

Congrats girls. Sometimes the hardest thing is to spot a weakness, and stare it in the eye. That's what we did this week!

I am going to start something new tomorrow. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. You will need a pad of post it notes. That's all I am going to tell you for now :)

In the meantime, if I forgot you, I am so sorry, I tried to go back and remember all of the commitments for the week. Would you please comment on how your week went. We would all love an update. If it didn't go great, that's OK, let us encourage you! If you did something awesome this week, would you comment, we want to hear from you. Also, don't forget to check the comment section, I am commenting on your comments there (you can comment on others comments also). Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I've been sick for the past few days, so working out hasn't happened this week. Boo. :( (Doesn't make sense to try to burn 500 calories when that's all I've been able to choke down!) I did commit (in my head, anyway) to log all of my food this week. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Mae. You will really start to see a difference in your eating habits. Are you using calorie count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually using the Lose It! App for iPhone, but they're the same idea. I've lost 8 lbs over the past 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete