Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sweat Your Cares Away

This is a quote from my friend Jacqueline Myles (Fitness Coach),

"An exercise physiologist taught me to do this when I'm tired or feeling sick.. Sit down and assess yourself.. Are you mentally tired or physically tired? Mentally tired? Do your work out! Physically tired? Take a break! When your body is tired you are prone to injury!"

I think it is such a great quote because there are so many times at the end of the day when I feel to exhausted to do anything else. I have no desire to change my clothes, pack up the kids, plan a meal around a workout, get to the Y, and workout, but 19 times out of 20, I do it anyways. Sometimes as late as 9:30 in the evening... and you know what. I am never sorry I did.


I may feel mentally exhausted, but that's what a workout is good for. From the Mayo Clinic website:

"Need to blow off some steam after a stressful day? A workout at the gym or a brisk 30-minute walk can help you calm down.

Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed than you were before you worked out. You'll also look better and feel better when you exercise regularly, which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem. Regular physical activity can even help prevent depression."

So stop, evaluate, are you physically or mentally tired. If mentally tired, then go make yourself feel better by sweating your cares away.

No comments:

Post a Comment