Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Unpredictable

That's what our bodies can be. I had a tough weekend. I was a little under the weather, and really sore from my workouts last week. It's like the virus had settled in my joints, and the daily aches that usually subside after moving around a little in the morning would not go away.

So did I handle it like a trooper and press on?... kind of, but not really. I worked out Saturday morning, but that was mostly because I ate like CRAP Friday evening. Saturday eating went well, still a little snacky, and then dinner Saturday night... awful again. I blame the restaurant slightly. I ordered Chicken Parmesan and asked for the chicken to be grilled. Did they bring it out that way- of course not! So with 2 antsy toddlers in tow, I bit the bullet (or the chicken) and moved on. I only ate about 1/2 my dinner, but still felt bad about my whole eating situation.

Sunday I decided to make it better. Back on track. Good breakfast, reasonable lunch, then ate too much for dinner. Now, dinner was a home cooked, low cal meal, but still I know when to stop, and I didn't. To top it off, Brian came to bed, yes, bed with Oreos, and who put their hand in the package... moi!

Monday morning came. The day I dread. I weigh in, and find out how much I have to lose before the "new" weight loss begins each week. I weighed in at 183.6. First of all, I was SHOCKED to only be up 2.6 pounds for the weekend, but I have been wanting 170's for a couple of weeks now, and they just won't come. Until today... After a day of healthy eating, calorie counting, and a great Monday evening workout, I got on the scale today and weighed 179.2! That's it. Officially 80 pounds lost!

Our bodies can be unpredictable sometimes. There are days when you can eat perfectly and work your a$$ off in the gym (last Thursday), and not see a single pound shed. But if I gave up every time that happened, I would probably still weigh 259 pounds. Then there are days like today when our bodies forgive us for the wrongs of the weekend, and let us move on towards 90 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment